This is the 3rd Century Bike Ride for Remembrance. A charity bicycle ride involving up to an estimated 150 participants. The purpose of the event is to raise funds for charity, raise awareness of bicycle safety and importantly to remember police colleagues who have been killed in the line of duty.
Patron for this year’s ride is Deputy Commission Mal Lanyon APM – New South Wales Police Force
Commencing with a short pre-ride briefing at the National Police Memorial at Kings Park riders will depart under AFP escort at 7:00am riding a 100km route around Canberra and surrounds. Returning to the National Police Memorial for a Memorial Service commencing at approx. 3:30pm.
The memorial Service will be live streamed allowing for others to participate
Some state and territory jurisdictions may arrange satellite rides. Contact state organisers for details.
- Registration for the Century Bike Ride for Remembrance is open from Thursday 2nd July 2020. Numbers are limited to 150 so please be quick.
- Registration fee is $75.00. A minimum of $50.00 is donated to your nominated Police Legacy. Surplus after operating costs also goes to Police Legacies.
- Be an individual fundraiser for the ride. Set yourself a fundraising target. Gather your own sponsors and start a fundraising page when you register.
- Make an additional donation – when you register.
- Buy at Century Bike Ride T-shirt to commemorate your ride at $40.00 – when you register