2019 CENTURY BIKE RIDE
Sunday 22 September, 100km cycle ride
REGISTER to ride – Go to:- https://centurybikeride2019.gofundraise.com.au/
TO MAKE A DONATION – click here
Where is the ride – various locations in each jurisdiction across the country
Some Jurisdictions may hold their ride on varying dates. Refer to State / Territory details below in need
Further updates may be available closer to the event – check your jurisdiction below.
For details on the ride in your state contact:
WESTERN AUSTRALIA: organiser: Carl.Grossetti@wapu.org.au; or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Ride was held – Saturday 7 September 2019 –
- Starting and finishing at Joondalup Police Academy
- Click here for ride route
- click here for pictures of ride
TASMANIA: organiser: email@example.com
NORTHERN TERRITORY: organiser: jamesallen.o’firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW SOUTH WALES: organiser: email@example.com
- Start at Police Remembrance Wall in the Domain
- on to Vaucluse, along the coast to Maroubra enjoying the beaches and the hills
- around the airport to Brighton, over Taren Point Bridge, onto Captain Cook Drive and through to Kurnell.
- Photo opportunity at Cape Solander Lookout, followed by a coffee at Endeavour Coffee in Kurnell.
- Then the ride will head back to the Police Remembrance Wall in the Domain via Brighton, Tempe, Alexandria, and Surry Hills.
- Estimate this will be a little over 100kms. click here for ride route
The riders will be supported by a volunteer who is kindly going to drive with the group and offer check-point support along the route as well as assist us through traffic where needed. The volunteer is first aid trained and will have a first aid kit in the support vehicle. The support vehicle will also have water, bananas and muesli bars to help keep us properly fuelled and hydrated. Unless there is overwhelming objection to a two-stop strategy, we will stop for coffee in Dolls Point and Kurnell. There will also be a photo opportunity at Cape Solander Lookout.
AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY:
Organiser: Stephen Powell or Jason Ryan – AFP-Cycling@afp.gov.au
The ride is scheduled to occur on Saturday 21 September 2019.
- Draft timings are as follows:
- 0730hrs – Riders are requested to meet at Kings Ave car park (opposite NHQ).
- 0800hrs – Rider briefing
- 0810hrs – Riders depart Kings Ave car park for National Police Memorial (NPM)
- 0830hrs – Service commences at NPM
- 0850hrs – Service concludes
- 0910hrs – Ride commences – 100km route to be finalised and posted here shortly
- 1500hrs – Ride concludes, NPM. [NB – approximation – may be affected by weather/ incident / fitness of riders etc]
VICTORIAN: organiser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date of event – Sunday 22 September 2019 – 0700 to 1230 – ish
- Start at Police Headquarters – 100 Angas Street ADELAIDE.
- Finish at the Police Academy 11 Strathfield Terrace TAPEROO
- Click here for ride route
- Approximately 102km with a shorter loop available.
- South Australia organisers are also offering a shorter course for riders who may not be as fit
- click here for shorter ride
- SA Police Cycling Club will be providing post ride catering refreshments at the Academy
- No drop ride – casual pace (25-30 kph) and no dropping anyone off the group / s.
- BYO riding kit (I’ll try arrange some pin on style Police check ribbons for all riders)
- Open to family and friends of police officers to ride (not just Police officers)
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES ARE NOW AVAILABLE
If you or someone you know would like to become a sponsor of this year’s event, please click here for more information.
For registration enquiries email Geoff Garland: email@example.com