2019 CENTURY BIKE RIDE
Sunday 22 September, 100km cycle ride
REGISTER NOW – Go to:- https://centurybikeride2019.gofundraise.com.au/
Where is the ride – various locations in each jurisdiction across the country
Some Jurisdictions may hold their ride on varying dates. Refer to State / Territory details below in need
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES ARE NOW AVAILABLE
If you or someone you know would like to become a sponsor of this year’s event, please click here for more information.
For details on the ride in your state contact:
WESTERN AUSTRALIA: organiser: Carl.Grossetti@wapu.org.au; or email@example.com;
- Date of event – Saturday 7 September 2019 – 0630 to 1130 – ish
- Start and finish at Joondalup Police Academy
- Same route planned as last year including novelty section / laps at Barbagello Raceway and midway refreshments break at Yanchep Police Station ( approx. 50 kays in)
- Date and timing aligns with WA’s planned motorcycle Wall to Wall ride from Bunbury to the Academy Wall of Remembrance in Joondalup
- WA Police Legacy will be providing post ride (for both) catering refreshments at the Academy
- We will need to determine size of groups ( 25 max) , dependant on number of EOI’s, and select suitable experience as group leader and “tail end Charlie” per group.
- Propose a Gran fondo style ride – casual pace (25-30 kph) and no dropping anyone off the group / s.
- BYO riding kit (I’ll try arrange some pin on style Police check ribbons for all riders)
- Open to family and friends of police officers to ride ( not just Police officers)
- Sgt Steve Perejmibida and I will be main organising team and we will liaise with Jill at Legacy and WA Police contacts as needed
- Costs to be determined for event / refreshments / BBQ to WA Police Legacy
TASMANIA: organiser: firstname.lastname@example.org
NORTHERN TERRITORY: organiser: jamesallen.o’email@example.com
NEW SOUTH WALES: organiser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start at Police Remembrance Wall in the Domain
- on to Vaucluse, along the coast to Maroubra enjoying the beaches and the hills
- around the airport to Brighton, over Taren Point Bridge, onto Captain Cook Drive and through to Kurnell.
- Photo opportunity at Cape Solander Lookout, followed by a coffee at Endeavour Coffee in Kurnell.
- Then the ride will head back to the Police Remembrance Wall in the Domain via Brighton, Tempe, Alexandria, and Surry Hills.
- Estimate this will be a little over 100kms.
AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY: Organiser: Stephen Powell – AFP-Cycling@afp.gov.au
The ride is scheduled to occur on Sunday 22 September 2019.
- Draft timings are as follows:
- 0730hrs – Riders are requested to meet at Kings Ave car park (opposite NHQ).
- 0800hrs – Rider briefing
- 0810hrs – Riders depart Kings Ave car park for National Police Memorial (NPM)
- 0830hrs – Service commences at NPM
- 0850hrs – Service concludes
- 0910hrs – Ride commences – 100km route
- TBChrs – Rest stop, Uriarra Crossing
- TBChrs – Rest stop, Cotter camp ground
- TBChrs – Rest stop, Pine Island / Point Hut
- 1500hrs – Ride concludes, NPM. [NB – approximation – may be affected by weather/ incident / fitness of riders etc]
VICTORIAN: organiser: email@example.com
Further details will be available closer to the event.
For details on the registration process contact:
Geoff Garland: 0439 011 954, firstname.lastname@example.org